Moist little bites bursting with sweet banana flavour. Try with butterscotch chips for a smooth and creamy treat!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup egg white
- 1⁄3 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄3 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1⁄3 cups gluten-free oats (pure, certified gluten-free)
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in egg.
- Mix in flour, soda, salt, and spices.
- Add bananas and oatmeal; mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls on greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, or melt and set aside.
- Bake 10-12 minutes in a preheated 400* oven until edges begin to brown.
- If chocolates are melted, spread a dollop on top of each cookie.
These didn't hold together for me and the texture was more like banana bread than a cookie. It tasted good, though.
I made this recipe last night with regular (not gluten free) whole wheat flour and oatmeal; I also chose to use dark chocolate chips - it was great! And it is a bit healthier than your average cookie. I don't typically like things with banana - can't stand banana bread - but the way it blends with the chocolate chips and seasonings is quite wondeful.