Recipe by King Jay II
My son has Celiac, and I developed this after talking with the Chef at a local Chinese resturant, who likes to cook Gluten Free. It works well with shrimp, vegetables, fish, pork and my favorite.. chicken. Will fry the chicken pieces and then stir fry with vegies and spicy sauce.
- 2 cups sweet rice flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 12 -16 ounces club soda
- 1 cup brown rice flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Take the first 4 ingredients and mix in a bowl. Next beat the Egg and add it to the Club Soda. Pour the Egg mix into the dry mix; add the Vanilla & Brown Sugar. Mix, adding more pure Club Soda until desired thickness.
- A thin batter is desirable if the protein is to be stir fried after cooking. A thick batter is desirable if the protein is served with a sauce.
- Dredge the protein in the Brown Rice Flour. Then dip it in the batter mix. Let excess fall off and then place in fryer.