Recipe by joytosew
I found this while reading on the net. We tried it and everyone in my house loves it! I think the Parmesan cheese really makes the crusting stand out on the chicken.
Top Review by carlagebert
OMG! this was such a hit with my husband (who mind you does not like chicken) that he took seconds. So I decided that we were missing our breaded Shrimp and tried the same recipe on it and it was fabulous! Next request from hubby is onion rings!!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 118.29 ml gluten-free flour (use your favorite mix)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml fresh ground pepper
- 4.92 ml gluten-free italian seasoning or 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- 14.79 ml olive oil, whisked together
- 236.59 ml gluten-free Rice Chex, crushed
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 59.14 ml olive oil (for pan-frying)
- 59.14 ml canola oil (for pan-frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound with a smooth meat mallet until about breasts are 1/4-inch thick. Repeat with each breast.
- Use a sharp knife to cut pounded breasts in 2-inch strips. Then cut each strip into 2x2-inch nuggets.
- Have ready 3 8-inch shallow baking dishes. In the first dish, combine gluten-free all purpose flour, salt, pepper and seasonings.
- In second dish, combine egg and olive oil. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- In third dish, combine crushed gluten-free rice chex cereal and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Coat each chicken strip in flour mixture, then dip in egg olive oil mixture and last, evenly coat with rice chex crumb Parmesan cheese mixture.
- Place the nuggets on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before frying.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat olive oil and canola oil mixture over medium high heat.
- Add coated chicken nuggets and cook until golden, about 4 minutes, then turn each piece and cook second side.