Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Perfected during college for rushed, make-ahead dinners. Why? Because potatoes take less time to make than waiting for water to boil for pasta.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (24 ounce) package frozen bell peppers, strips
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place the marinara, peppers and chicken in a slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken.
- Prepare the hashbrowns according to package directions.
- Ladle prepared sauce onto hashbrowns.
- (Optional) Melt the mozzerella cheese on top of the dish! You can do this on an individual dish basis. Just make sure your plates are oven safe and remember that they will be hot when you take them out!