Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A gluten free, low fat, pasta bake. Great for a simple dinner, and a good leftover for that brown bag lunch.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 5 ounces turkey bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces gluten-free pasta, penne works best
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Brown the chicken, breaking up larger pieces.
- Add chopped turkey bacon, garlic, onion, carrots, tomato sauce, broth, and seasoning, Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until carrots are tender.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain thoroughly and mix with the chicken sauce.
- Transfer to a shallow ovenproof dish and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes until lightly browned on top.