Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
I made this recipe on Sunday for my niece & nephews with Celiac Disease. They all had seconds & loved it! I found the Chex to really help the chicken stay crunchy.
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 -6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup Rice Chex, crushed into crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup powdered ranch dressing (such as Hidden Valley)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Mix the first four ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add in chicken drumsticks. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a seperate mixing bowl combine the Chex, crumbs & Ranch powder.
- Press each chicken drum into the crumb mixture until it's fully coated & place on a foil lined baking sheet sprayed lightly with non-stick spray. Spray each of the chicken drums with non-stick spray to help crisp up the tops.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 35-40 minutes (or until chicken juice runs clear & reaches at least 165 degrees).