Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you haven’t tried chestnut flour as a substitute for wheat flour, this is the perfect recipe for you. Chestnut flour is rich in carbohydrates, low in fat, and its tender texture and sweet nutty flavor is perfect for crepes and pancakes alike. This is Wild Oats recipe, soon to be part of Whole Foods I believe.
- Mix flour with salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Whisk together milk, vanilla and eggs in separate bowl.
- Pour into flour mixture. Whisk to incorporate.
- Drizzle in two tablespoons butter, and mix well.
- Heat a nonstick 8-inch pan over medium heat.
- Swirl in a teaspoon of melted butter.
- Add about 1/4-cup batter and swirl until the batter covers the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until batter is dry, set and begins to brown around the edges.
- Loosen the crepe from the pan with a spatula, and flip.
- Cook for about 30 seconds. Remove from pan. Repeat until batter is gone.
- TIP: To keep crepes warm, keep in a 200°F on a baking sheet or plate until ready to serve. Also, when choosing a savory filling, omit the sugar and vanilla from the recipe.