These cookies are a pretty shade of pink, with little bits of sweet candied cherries speckled throughout.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Work the flour and chopped cherries into the batter, mixing until well combined and evenly coloured.
- If the dough is a little dry, or not pink enough, add a bit of the liquid from the candied cherries.
- Roll into logs about 2" in diameter, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- When ready to bake, slice logs thinly and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375* oven for 6-8 minutes or until nicely browned along the edges.