Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This cheesecake is gluten free and is also lower in fat than most cheesecakes.
- 500 g cottage cheese
- 250 g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 4 egg whites
- 30 g pure maize cornflour
- fresh fruit, chopped for topping
- Preheat oven to 165°C.
- In a food processor mix the cheeses until smooth.
- Add the honey, lemon juice, rind, vanilla, cornflour and eggwhites.
- Mix again until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into a 20cm springform tin which has been lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour until cheesecake is set.
- Allow cheesecake to cool completely before releasing from tin.
- For best results make the day aheads of serving and refrigerate overnight before removing from the tin.
- When ready to serve top with a mixture of chopped fresh fruits such as strawberries and kiwifruit or bananas.
- Drizzle with passionfruit pulp.
- Could also be served topped with chocolate sauce or whatever else you like.