1/1 Photo of Gluten-Free Cheese Straws
From Roben Ryberg's "Gluten-Free Kitchen". You can omit the ground red pepper, if desired. (5" long by 1/3" wide)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine and mix well, butter, cornstarch, potato starch, ground red pepper, xanthan gum, and salt.
- 3Mixture will be crumbly.
- 4Add cream and beat until smooth.
- 5Add cheese and mix until dough is almost uniform in color.
- 6Roll out or pat the dough to 1/4" thickness (unfloured surface).
- 7If the dough is too sticky to work with, refrigerate it for a few minutes or so.
- 8Cut into thin straws and place on a greased baking sheet.
- 9Bake about 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Cheese Straws
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.6
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 51.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: