Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These scones are light and savory and best served warm out of the oven. They would be a great addition to any brunch and would pair well with dishes like tomato soup or chicken salad.
- 2 1⁄3 cups pamela's baking and pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Cut in the butter using two knives.
- Add the beaten egg and milk to the dry ingredients, mixing with a fork. The batter will be thick and lumpy. Fold in the shredded cheese.
- Drop large, tall dollops onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. About 1/4 cup of batter will make for even scones.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until lightly browned.
Crazy good for how easy these are. My SO thoroughly approves. I used Aldi all purpose GF baking mix; that was my only change. Thanks!
These were lovely and baked up light and airy. I did use regular baking mix (homemade), so mine were not gluten free, but they were wonderful and moist and so very flavorful. DH and I gobbled them down straight out of the oven. DH topped his with some homemade sausage gravy to make it more of a biscuit n' gravy.
They were a bit dry but I brushed some melted garlic butter over the tops and they were perfect!. Made for ZWT 7