Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Breakfast-on-the-go or quick afterschool snack. For a less sweet muffin, omit streusel topping and reduce sugar to 3/4 to 1 cup (to taste).
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown rice flour
- 2⁄3 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice milk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons fleischmann's unsalted margarine, softened
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit and lightly grease two 12-cup muffin pans; set aside.
- Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix 1-1/3 cups brown rice flour & 2/3 cup tapioca flour, baking powder, guar gum and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat eggs in large bowl and add 1-1/2 cups sugar, rice milk, canola oil, and vanilla extract. Stir in brown rice flour mixture just until blended; do not over mix.
- Fold in blueberries and let batter rest for 15 minutes. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans. Sprinkle reserved topping evenly among muffin batter and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool in pans for 5 minutes, then loosen muffins from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
I was looking for a good Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin, and I found an awesome one! I added a little gluten free oatmeal to the Streusel topping, super! It is a sweet recipe...even by decreasing the sugar in the muffins, they were a little one the sweet side for my taste. But the family devoured them! Thank you for the recipe!!