Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These yummy cookies will convert anyone who dislikes veggies. Soft and chewy, they are a delight at any age! Please note: If you do not want to see the vegetables in the finished product, peel the zucchini before grating and use white carrots.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 5 -6 carrots, grated
- 1⁄8 cup mandarin orange segments, drained
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate chips or 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces semisweet baking chocolate or 4 ounces white baking chocolate
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar; add the egg whites and mix well.
- Add in flour, baking powder, spices, and salt; mix well.
- Add milk; mix well.
- Stir in zucchini, carrots, and orange; mix well.
- Stir chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Drop onto parchment paper lined baking sheets by teaspoon.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for about 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cookies have set.
- Melt baking chocolate and dip each cookie halfway.
- Let cool or eat while still warm.