Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Moist and lightly spiced, these hearty oat cookies can be left plain or iced with Orange Icing Glaze.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked mashed carrot (or fresh, grated)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 2 cups gluten-free oats (pure, certified gf)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup raisins (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Beat in egg.
- Mix in carrot, milk, and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for about 12 to 15 minutes until slightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.