Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Turn Betty Crocker® Gluten Free yellow cake mix into a delicious homemade carrot cake.
Make and share this Gluten Free Carrot Cake from a Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) boxbetty crocker gluten-free yellow cake mix
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots or 2 medium carrots
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 -3 teaspoon milk
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease bottom only of 8- or 9-inch square pan with shortening, or spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, 1/2 cup butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, 2 teaspoons vanilla and eggs on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. With spoon, stir in carrots and pecans. Spread in pan.
- Bake 36 to 41 minutes for 8-inch pan or 33 to 38 minutes for 9-inch pan or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon milk with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until smooth and spreadable. If frosting is too thick, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time. Stir in coconut. Spread frosting over cake.