Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Who DOESN'T love carrot cake? Well, these baked doughnuts are GF, vegan, and just sweet enough to be a treat! Glaze them with powdered sugar, roll in cinnamon sugar or frost them with your favourite tangy recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄3 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup chickpea flour
- 1⁄4 cup arrowroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon guar gum
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground pecans
- 3 tablespoons cream of rice
- 2 tablespoons fine cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup finely grated carrot (1 large)
- 1⁄4 cup medium-shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 425°F and coat a doughnut pan with cooking spray.
- In a small dish, whisk together the flax and hot water. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flours, cornstarch, guar gum, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, pecans, brown rice cereal and cornmeal. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the almond milk, brown sugar, agave, oil and vanilla until well blended.
- Beat in the flax slurry.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Fold in the carrots and coconut.
- Bake 8 minutes, until the doughnuts spring back when touched.
- Cool 5 minutes in the pans before turning out.
- Repeat with remaining batter.