Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was modified from the Gluten free Carrot Cake recipe on elenaspantry.com. It is an amazing, dense, flavorful carrot cake that approximates the wheat-ful variety.
- 3⁄4 cup almond meal
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (drained)
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, rice flour, salt, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, agave, oil and vanilla.
- Stir carrots, raisins, walnuts, and pineapple in to wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients.
- Line 8 muffins tin spaces with paper muffin cups, or grease.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes.