Recipe by Leigha
This recipe was modified from the Gluten free Carrot Cake recipe on elenaspantry.com. It is an amazing, dense, flavorful carrot cake that approximates the wheat-ful variety.
- 3⁄4 cup almond meal
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (drained)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, rice flour, salt, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, agave, oil and vanilla.
- Stir carrots, raisins, walnuts, and pineapple in to wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients.
- Line 8 muffins tin spaces with paper muffin cups, or grease.
- Bake at 325 for 25 minutes.