1 hr 10 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
One of my daughters cannot have grain flour so here is the recipe. You don't know it is beets and it is good for you. Kids love it. Icing cream cheese or glaze or plain.Canned beets can be used or fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups ground fresh carrots
- 1 cup ground fresh beets or 1 cup canned beets, drained, chopped
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon orange extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (optional)
- Pam cooking spray
- 1In large mixing bowl, mix carrots, grated or ground beets, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla and hot water and only (1) of the extracts, if desired.
- 2Note: If using canned beets, make sure they are drained well, before cutting.
- 3In another bowl, mix dry ingredients: rice flour,salt, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda. Mix well.
- 4Add nuts.
- 5Beat Egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff.
- 6Add dry mixture into wet mixture, a little at a time, and mix well.
- 7Now add cocoa powder if you want a chocolate flavor.Any of the extracts go well with the chocolate.
- 8Preheat oven 350*.
- 9Fold in beaten egg whites into the batter.
- 10Spray Pam into bundt pan, grease well.
- 11Carefully pour mixed batter.
- 12Bake for 50 minutes. Take out of oven and let set at least 10 minutes before inverting. I use a narrow spatula to run around the inside & outside of bundt pan.
- 13If using orange extract, decorate cake platter with thin slices of cut fresh oranges.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Carrot Beet Cake (With or Without Chocolate)
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.4
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 364.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g