Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an excellent recipe that I found on Celiac.com. Being new to the gluten-free world, (doing this for my son whom I am nursing) I thought this cake very close to the real thing.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup potato flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs well gradually adding sugar until mixture is light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Add oil and beat until well incorporated.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and fold into the egg mixture.
- Grate carrots.
- Peel, core, and chop apples.
- Chop pecans.
- Fold in carrots, apples and nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Remove to wire rack and wait 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely and frost as desired.