Recipe by I'm-The-Cook?
I do not know the person named Dawn who posted Carol's Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chippies, but I thank her for it! I do not know the person in the Gluten-Free community who altered and tested the recipe, but I thank her too! I just wanted this recipe in print so that I can make it and not have to remember which ingredients were substituted and by how much...
Top Review by gone gluten free
These were a hit at my house! I am the only 1 that has to eat gluten free and could taste a bit of graininess but still very tasty. But this was easy to make and everyone loved them! Trying them with choc. pudding and butterscotch chips today!
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter (softened) or 1 cup margarine (softened)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (4 ounce) package gluten-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Sift rice flour, potato starch, and tapioca starch into a bowl.
- Mix baking soda with sifted flours and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugars and pudding mix.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla; gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Roll into balls and flatten slightly or drop by teaspoonful on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes.
- *Note: You may use instant chocolate pudding instead of vanilla pudding for an extra chocolatey, chocolate chip cookie.