Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my own easy (and lazy) version of caramel apples.
- Heat agave in a saucepan until tiny bubbles form around the edges –a very low simmer.
- Continue heating agave this way for 5 minutes (reduces water content of the agave).
- Add heavy cream and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to an active simmer (Heidi’s words); continue to simmer actively for 7-10 minutes :-).
- Remove mixture from heat when the caramel reaches a darker nutty color.
- Place saucepan in a large bowl of ice water to cool and thicken caramel.
- Place a large bowl of apple slices on the table.
- Provide an individual ramekin of caramel to each of your hungry little ghosts and goblins.
- Wash their hands with a wet rag before they leave the table.