Nana Lee's Note:
This is #1 of 3 gluten-free cream soups. As written, these recipes are free of Corn, Wheat, Gluten, Soy, Egg, Yeast and Nuts. NOTE FROM SOURCE: Recipe soups are those soups that one would normally find canned. If you have food allergies, the chances of finding a canned soup you can use in recipes is slim. Besides the usual allergens, you will generaly also find MSG in almost all canned soup, even many of the "health food store" type. MSG is not always listed in that way. MSG frequently hides in foods in the form of "hydrolyzed vegetable protein," "autolyzed yeast," "spices," "flavorings," and other non-specific ingredients. Here are some "semi-condensed" soups you can make from scratch and keep in the freezer for those times when you have a recipe that calls for a canned soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1MAKES APPROX 3 CUPS "CONDENSED" MUSHROOM SOUP WHICH WILL WORK FOR MOST RECIPES CALLING FOR CANNED SOUP.
- 2Heat the butter on medium heat in a sauce pan.
- 3Add the mushrooms, and saute until cooked through.
- 4Add the sea salt, pepper, parsley.
- 5Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- 6Add the half and half.
- 7Allow the mixture to just come to a boil, then stir the tapioca flour into the water and add it to the milk.
- 8Cook and stir until thickened.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free "canned" Cream of Mushroom Soup T-R-L
Serving Size: 1 (828 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.7
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.8 mg
- Sodium 1649.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: