Recipe by Nana Lee
This is #3 of 3 gluten-free cream soups. As written, these recipes are free of Corn, Wheat, Gluten, Soy, Egg, Yeast and Nuts. NOTE FROM SOURCE: Recipe soups are those soups that one would normally find canned. If you have food allergies, the chances of finding a canned soup you can use in recipes is slim. Besides the usual allergens, you will generaly also find MSG in almost all canned soup, even many of the "health food store" type. MSG is not always listed in that way. MSG frequently hides in foods in the form of "hydrolyzed vegetable protein," "autolyzed yeast," "spices," "flavorings," and other non-specific ingredients. Here are some "semi-condensed" soups you can make from scratch and keep in the freezer for those times when you have a recipe that calls for a canned soup.
- 473.18 ml chopped celery
- 78.07 ml chopped onion
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 0.29 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml dried parsley
- 473.18 ml water
- 14.79 ml tapioca flour
- 118.29 ml half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE RE AMT:.
- Makes approx 2 cups of "condensed" cream of celery soup whcih will work for most recipes calling for a canned soup.
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan and saute the onions and celery until translucent.
- Stir in the sea salt, pepper, parsley and water.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes then remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Place all in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Return to pan and bring to a boil.
- Mix the tapioca flour into the half and half and add to the mixture, stirring as it cooks and thickens.