1/1 Photo of Gluten-Free "canned" Cream of Celery Soup T-R-L
Nana Lee's Note:
This is #3 of 3 gluten-free cream soups. As written, these recipes are free of Corn, Wheat, Gluten, Soy, Egg, Yeast and Nuts. NOTE FROM SOURCE: Recipe soups are those soups that one would normally find canned. If you have food allergies, the chances of finding a canned soup you can use in recipes is slim. Besides the usual allergens, you will generaly also find MSG in almost all canned soup, even many of the "health food store" type. MSG is not always listed in that way. MSG frequently hides in foods in the form of "hydrolyzed vegetable protein," "autolyzed yeast," "spices," "flavorings," and other non-specific ingredients. Here are some "semi-condensed" soups you can make from scratch and keep in the freezer for those times when you have a recipe that calls for a canned soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE RE AMT:.
- 2Makes approx 2 cups of "condensed" cream of celery soup whcih will work for most recipes calling for a canned soup.
- 3Heat olive oil in a sauce pan and saute the onions and celery until translucent.
- 4Stir in the sea salt, pepper, parsley and water.
- 5Simmer for about 30 minutes then remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 6Place all in a food processor and process until smooth.
- 7Return to pan and bring to a boil.
- 8Mix the tapioca flour into the half and half and add to the mixture, stirring as it cooks and thickens.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free "canned" Cream of Celery Soup T-R-L
Serving Size: 1 (883 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.3
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.3 mg
- Sodium 1277.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: