Recipe by katii
Sweet and spicy cookies with the pleasing 'bite' of ginger.
Top Review by emers28
I failed in following the directions completely, and forgot the egg yolk and vanilla, so I used a lot more milk trying to get a good sticky batter. I used about 5 tablespoons of milk, and was going to complain about the recipe, when I realized that is was my own fault! So 5 stars for a recipe that is great even without the egg yolk, so I suppose this might be helpful for those who don't eat eggs?
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup tbsps minced crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add yolk and beat well.
- Add vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Cobine next 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- Add to butter mixture, mixing well.
- Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a soft dough forms.
- Roll dough into 2-teaspoon sized balls.
- Arrange on greased cookie sheets and bake in a preheated 375* oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden and tops of cookies appear cracked.
- Let stand on cookie sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.