Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I revamped my Healthy Peanut Butter Balls to be able to eat them while on a candida diet. The trick to subbing the honey is to use a mixture of glycerin and stevia. The stevia I use is the blended kind from NuNaturals, not pure stevia (4T=1C sugar). I am also going to try this with carob powder, instead of the dry milk and will update if it turns out.
- 3⁄4 cup gluten free oatmeal or 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 cup ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons stevia plus
- 1 1⁄2 cups mesquite powder or 1 1⁄2 cups dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond butter or 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable glycerin
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. You may have to mix by hand. I've found it helps to mix with your hands much like kneading dough.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and store in airtight container in the fridge.