Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I had defrosted some chicken breast strips the other day and was really craving buffalo wings. So, I threw this together on a whim. It is quick and simple to prepare. And the recipe could easily be made with all purpose flour for those who do not have an issue with gluten.
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning, blend. (I used Cajun Spice Blend by Elmotoo)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (2 lb) bag chicken breasts, strips
- 1⁄2 cup hot pepper sauce (I used Frank's Hot Pepper Sauce)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butter in a 9" x 13" baking dish and place in oven while preheating to melt.
- Pour hot pepper sauce in in a small bowl.
- Combine rice flour and Cajun seasoning in a medium sized bowl; make sure it is all blended well.
- Remove baking dish from oven and tip from side to side so that butter coats entire bottom of pan.
- Rinse chicken breast strips and dip them in the hot pepper sauce.
- Dredge breast strips in the seasoned rice flour, making sure they are well coated.
- Arrange chicken pieces in pan and bake 45 minutes.
This recipe was a great find and extremely easy to make. I used Franks THICK Pepper Sauce, which is my personal favorite. Thanks Chef!
Yum, these buffalo Chicken Tenders are delicious. I kept to the written recipe, I used a Masterfood Cajun seasoning and Louisiana Hot Pepper Sauce (which I purchased in the USA Section of David Jones). The only thing I would do if I made these again is turn down the heat to about 180oC ( I thought 205oC was to hot) and cook them for about 20 minutes. I smelt them burning at 25 minutes into cooking time, so I pulled them out of the oven and the bottoms were a little crisp. Other then these adjustment I would make this recipe again. Thanks so much for a great and easy recipe Chef Buggsy Mate