Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
I had defrosted some chicken breast strips the other day and was really craving buffalo wings. So, I threw this together on a whim. It is quick and simple to prepare. And the recipe could easily be made with all purpose flour for those who do not have an issue with gluten.
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning, blend. (I used Cajun Spice Blend by Elmotoo)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (2 lb) bag chicken breasts, strips
- 1⁄2 cup hot pepper sauce (I used Frank's Hot Pepper Sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butter in a 9" x 13" baking dish and place in oven while preheating to melt.
- Pour hot pepper sauce in in a small bowl.
- Combine rice flour and Cajun seasoning in a medium sized bowl; make sure it is all blended well.
- Remove baking dish from oven and tip from side to side so that butter coats entire bottom of pan.
- Rinse chicken breast strips and dip them in the hot pepper sauce.
- Dredge breast strips in the seasoned rice flour, making sure they are well coated.
- Arrange chicken pieces in pan and bake 45 minutes.