Jo-Ann Garcia's answer to the regular biscuit! Light and tasty, you can add herbs to it to give it some more flair. I used these to top a gluten-free turkey pot pie! Very nice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans or 1/2 cup garbanzo-fava bean flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 8 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 4 tablespoons dry buttermilk (Saco)
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/3 cup salad oil
- 1/4 cup water, if needed for thinner batter
- 1Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 2Add liquid ingredients and mix well.
- 3Preheat oven to 350.
- 4Grease a cookie sheet, and drop batter by spoonful, to make 10-12 biscuits.
- 5Bake 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.9
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 44.0 mg
- Sodium 356.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: