1/2 Photos of Gluten Free Buttermilk Cornbread Muffins from the Baking Beautie
The Frugal Cheflady's Note:
If you like sweet, moist cornbread then this is the last recipe you'll ever need. My husband, who does not like cornbread, said "wow, this is really good" and he does not hand out comments like that often. Easy to make and super delicious! Recipe from thebakingbeauties.com You can reduce the amount of sugar if you like, and if your gluten free all purpose flour already has xanthan gum, you can omit that. You can also pour it into a greased, preheated cast iron skillet (or baking vessel of your choice) if you don't feel like making muffins. Turns out terrific, just increase the baking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (if you're using a cast iron skillet, now is the time to add some oil or fat of your choice and put it in the oven to preheat).
- 2In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in sugar.
- 3Add eggs and stir to combine.
- 4Stir in buttermilk.
- 5Add dry ingredients and stir until few lumps remain.
- 6Scoop into prepared muffin tin (or pour into greased skillet/baking dish).
- 7Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (30-40 minutes in a skillet/baking dish).
- 8Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack. Best served warm.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Buttermilk Cornbread Muffins from the Baking Beautie
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.5
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 380.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: