Catfish Charlie's Note:
These are some tasty pancakes! Buckwheat is NOT wheat, it's not even related to it and is fine for celiacs or others who are sensitive to wheat gluten. So enjoy! The gluten free flour can be my recipe for gluten free flour; http://www.recipezaar.com/110497 Or just use your favorite blend of rice flours, corn starch, tapioca flour or whatever works for you. These are great with fresh blueberries sprinkled on each cake once the first side has started cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together dry ingredients.
- 2In a mixer, cream together brown sugar, butter, shortening.
- 3Add eggs one at a time making sure they are incorporated fully.
- 4Whip in canola oil, vanilla.
- 5Add dry ingredients in parts alternating with buttermilk.
- 6Mix fully scraping down sides and bottom of bowl as needed. If necessary, add a little milk to get the consistency of cake batter.
- 7Ladle 1/2 cup onto a griddle or skillet over low heat (grease with butter if needed), gently wiggle the griddle or skillet to level the batter out to desired roundness.
- 8Cook until bubbles form and stay on the top, then flip.
- 9Cook until done.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Buttermilk Buckwheat Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.2
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 141.1 mg
- Sodium 1018.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 42.3 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: