1/7 Photos of Gluten Free Buttermilk Biscuits
These biscuits combine an adaptation of Roben Ryberg's biscuit ingredients from The Gluten-Free Kitchen with Cooks Illustrated's method for making biscuits. These are very white...if you liked the white, spongy things that you could buy at Kentucky Fried Chicken, you'll like these. Lately I've been substituting 1-1/4 cups brown rice flour mix for the two starches. It turns out really good with a little less white and a little more nutrition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F Spray a baking sheet (preferrably a baking stone) with cooking spray.
- 2Place the starches, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar into the bowl of a food processor. Process with six 1-second pulses.
- 3Sprinkle the butter cubes evenly over the flour mixture, cover, and process with 12 1-second pulses. The mixture should resemble coarse crumbs.
- 4Pour the buttermilk evenly over the mixture. Process for 8 1-second pulses, or until the dough gathers into a moist clump.
- 5Using your bare hands, quickly gather a clump of dough, lightly form it into a biscuit shape, and drop it onto the cookie sheet. Repeat this for all the remaining dough, trying to handle the dough as little as possible (it's sticky). I usually make 6-8 biscuits.
- 6Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Buttermilk Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.3
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 419.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: