Recipe by Az B
From You Won't believe it's Gluten-Free by Roben Ryberg. I am not a huge fan of onions so I was hestitant to try this, but boy am I glad I did. Note timing does not include time to marinade
- 1 lb round steak
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons onions
- spring onion, for garnish
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce (gluten free)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the steak, across the grain, into very, very, thin strips.
- Place in a large resealable plastic bag or large glass bowl. Add the marinade ingredients. Allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Before cooking, slice the onion into narrow, wedgelike pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat with the oil.
- Discard the marinade from the beef. Add the beef and onions to the pan. Stir fry over high heat until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onions.