My hubby suffers from chronic psoriasis, I found this recipe on http://www.thehealthychef.com/2012/07/gluten-free-buckwheat-wraps/, he is able to eat these without any allergic reaction or side effects. I do not own this recipe and simply forwarding it on here for others who suffer like my hubby does
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour carrot juice into a bowl.
- 2Whisk in the buckwheat flour until combined.
- 3Whisk in the arrowroot and season with the nutmeg and sea salt.
- 4Check the consistency – it should flow like a crepe batter – you can adjust by adding a little more buckwheat flour or carrot juice if necessary.
- 5Cook just like crepes in a pan by lightly oiling with little coconut or olive oil then pouring the batter just enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- 6Cook for 1 minute and flip over with a spatula to cook the other side for a few more seconds.
- 7Cool the wraps on a plate and store between sheets of grease-proof paper.
- 8Store wrapped in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 9Makes 10 wraps.
- 11Swap the carrot juice for beetroot juice for a lovely crimson colored wrap.
- 12Swap the carrot juice for spinach or kale juice for a lovely green colored wrap.
- 13Add fresh chopped garden herbs or a little cayenne pepper to the wrap mix before cooking to boost flavor.
Browse Our Top Free Of... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Buckwheat Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.2
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 64.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g