Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My hubby suffers from chronic psoriasis, I found this recipe on http://www.thehealthychef.com/2012/07/gluten-free-buckwheat-wraps/, he is able to eat these without any allergic reaction or side effects. I do not own this recipe and simply forwarding it on here for others who suffer like my hubby does
- Pour carrot juice into a bowl.
- Whisk in the buckwheat flour until combined.
- Whisk in the arrowroot and season with the nutmeg and sea salt.
- Check the consistency – it should flow like a crepe batter – you can adjust by adding a little more buckwheat flour or carrot juice if necessary.
- Cook just like crepes in a pan by lightly oiling with little coconut or olive oil then pouring the batter just enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute and flip over with a spatula to cook the other side for a few more seconds.
- Cool the wraps on a plate and store between sheets of grease-proof paper.
- Store wrapped in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Makes 10 wraps.
- Swap the carrot juice for beetroot juice for a lovely crimson colored wrap.
- Swap the carrot juice for spinach or kale juice for a lovely green colored wrap.
- Add fresh chopped garden herbs or a little cayenne pepper to the wrap mix before cooking to boost flavor.