Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I went looking for a buckwheat bread recipe on Zaar but they all had wheat flour in them as well. After hunting on the net for a while came across this one on Bob's Red Mill (bobsredmill.com). I haven't tried it yet, but apparently it comes out soft and doesn't crumble.
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon soy lecithin (GF Dough Enhancer)
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in bread machine in order, depending on manufacturer's recommendation. Choose basic cycle.
- Scrape down sides of bread bowl after kneading begins if the flour is sticking to the sides to incorporate all ingredients.
- Makes one large loaf.
This came out moist, tender, nutty, chewy, and made great sandwich bread. I used almond milk instead of dairy, and melted coconut oil instead of butter to make this dairy free. I used the BASIC 1 1/2 lb setting with dark crust setting on my Hamilton Beach Bread Machine. I added 1 tsp Vitamin C crystals to the lecithin for extra dough enhancer. I will definitely make this again. TASTEY!