Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are the best brownies we have ever had. They make a huge batch and when carefully wrapped they freeze well. They have white beans in them lowering the fat while still yeilding a dense moist brownie.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup white beans
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 8 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups gluten-free rice flour mix
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cocoa
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- (For Non celiac version use allpurpose four and leave out xanthan gum -- ) I make this both ways.
- Measure sugar into large bowl and pour the melted margarine or butter over it. Mix it in well so that each granula of sugar is coated.
- Blend 15 1/2 ounce can of white beans in food processor until fine and fluffy. Divide in half. Use half for one batch.
- I scoop the extras into a ziploc bag and freeze it. The amount of puree vaires a little bit. So use half of what you end up with.
- Place beaten pureed beans in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs in food processor and blend well. (For Celiac Gluten-Free recipe blend in 2 teaspoons Xanthan gum.).
- Place all ingredients in large bowl and combine. (For Celiac Gluten free version Use Bette Hagman's GF flour Blend 6 cups rice flour *for cakes and brownies use Thai or oriental rice flour from Oriental market*, 2 cups tapioca starch, 1 cup potato starch).
- Spread in a large commercial size bun pan/cookie sheet or in the bottom of 2 9x13 pans.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Note* for gluten free use FINE white rice flour in the GF mix so that you end up with a fine textured brownie. This is important.