1/1 Photo of Gluten Free Brownie Bliss
When I went gluten free the first things I needed to figure out how to get back into my life were brownies. I adapted this recipe from Gluten Free Goddess (http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com). All purpose flour or gluten free, these are my perfect brownies. Crispy top with a moist, silky center. Rich and decadent with the sweet almond flavor coming through and slightly floral notes from the dark chocolate. I use this recipe as a basis for varying brownie recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped (I use 60% cocoa Ghiradeli)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder (Hershey's, or any non-Dutch processed)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or vegetable)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, gluten free
- 1/2 cup almond flour (I used a coffee bean grinder to grind fresh almonds)
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1Preheat oven to 350ËšF and grease a 8'' X 8'' pan.
- 2Melt the butter in the microwave. Add in the chopped chocolate and stir until it's melted. Add the cocoa powder and oil and mix to combine. Add the cocoa powder and oil and mix to combine.
- 3Beat the eggs in a mixer with a paddle until they are a bit frothy.
- 4Add the sugar and the vanilla and beat until smooth.
- 5Add the butter/chocolate mixture and beat until smooth.
- 6Whisk together the brown rice flour, almond meal, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Add to the mixer. Scrape down the bowl, then mix until combined.
- 7Pour into the pan and smooth so it is even distributed throughout the pan.
- 8Bake for 10 minutes, then turn. Bake another 10-15, until a toothpick comes out mostly clean (err on the side of moist -- overcooked, dry brownies are the opposite of what you want. You want soft, moist brownies).
- 9Cool on a rack until cool to the touch (I know it's difficult to resist the temptation when your whole house will be smelling of chocolate, but if you try to cut them too soon -and I know this from persoanl experience- they will fall apart).
- 10Cut, serve, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Brownie Bliss
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.4
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 187.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: