Rochelle, Chef #675078's Note:
My family loves cereal bars but I hated making them with marshmallows and corn syrup. I found a recipe (#94905) and "embellished" it a bit. They are a little crumbly but my husband loved them, which was the clincher since he isn't a huge peanut butter fan. I'll be making these again! They are just 5 steps.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Spray 8x8 pan with cooking spray. If you want a thinner bar, use a 9x9 pan.
- 22. In a large saucepan, melt peanut butter and honey over medium heat.
- 33. When melted, turn off heat and add remaining ingredients.
- 44. Stir, and spoon into greased pan.
- 55. Let cool and enjoy!
- 6*Note: The cocoa powder, sunflower seeds, dried fruit and coconut are optional ingredients and can be removed or replaced with like ingredients. For example, you could try using cashews and dried apricots, etc.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Breakfast Bars
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.7
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 75.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: