Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a breaded chicken that is made with oats instead of flour.
- 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3⁄4 cup ground oats (use coffee grinder)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- combine all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- whisk milk and egg into a separate bowl.
- dip each chicken thigh in the milk mixture and then into the dry mixture.
- place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- place in oven at 350 F for 30 minutes.
A previous comment about Oats containing gluten isn't quite accurate. Competent research has proven that oats do not contain gluten. However, it is essential to obtain pure uncontaminated oats that have not picked up traces of wheat or rye during harvesting, storage, shipping or processing. There are multiple sources of tested, pure gluten-free oats. These should make this recipe perfectly safe.
This recipe looks tasty, BUT it is not gluten free because it contains oats. Gluten free would be no wheat, rye, oats, or barley. I just thought i'd point that out to anyone who is trying to follow a gluten free diet do to an intolerance or celiac disease. Maybe the recipe should be renamed wheat free breaded chicken. Thanks:)
Oats do not naturally contain gluten. It is the cross-contamination of planting cycles where fields are planted with wheat one year and then oats the next year. There are several companies that provide certified gluten free oats. As a gluten free baker, I would simply reach for my Gluten Free Oats to make this recipe.