This quick and easy bread is full of fiber (from the flax and almond) and tasty in oh so many ways. Here's the blogged post with full recipe: http://www.elanaspantry.com/gluten-free-bread-20/
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot, flax meal, salt and baking soda.
- In a larger bowl, blend eggs 3-5 minutes until frothy.
- Stir agave and vinegar into eggs.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet.
- Pour batter into a greased medium sized loaf pan.
- Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool and serve.
This makes the best gluten-free toast that I've ever had! I made it in a glass loaf pan and had to bake it for 40 minutes.
Really liked this recipe! Excellent flavor. My bread turned out about half the size of the picture. Any suggestions on what I did wrong? May I did not beat the eggs long enough?<br/><br/>Thanks<br/>Melissa
This bread was AWESOME!! We loved it! Instead of whipping the eggs for 5 minutes, I ran them through the Vita Mix for a minute or so, so the eggs would double in volume. Worked great. UPDATE: I've made this bread again. This time, I added 1/2 tsp minced garlic and 1 tsp. of Italian Herb blend. Mama mia!! Outrageously good! I think it would be good with parmesean and cracked black pepper too.