Recipe by TRG
this recipe is from Gilian's Foods online. I was just put on a gluten free diet, so I'm finding all the recipes I can. I haven't tried this one yet.
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 1⁄4 cups rice flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons guar gum
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast (1/4 ounce package)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature 70to80°F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Combine all wet ingredients with sugar and yeast in a larger mixing bowl and whisk together . let this sit for 5 minutes until the yeast foams.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and beat with a mixer or hand beater for about 4-5 minutes or until smooth. Dough should be stiff like cake batter, but not as stiff as cookie dough. If the dough appears too stiff, add water or other liquid one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Pour batter into a greased bread pan.
- Allow batter to rise for approximately one hour.
- Bake at 375F for 45to60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.