Recipe by Houmous Monster
Created by Dr. Nancy Dunne and published in "What to eat when you can't eat anything" by Chupi & Luke Sweetman. I've not tried it yet but wanted to share it with family. Remember this kind of bread doesn't rise, and as with many gulten free breads it may be better toasted. For Dairy-free diets chose the soya milk option. To make it nightshade free you have to check the baking powder for potato.
- 1⁄3 cup rice flour
- 1⁄3 cup maize flour
- 4 -5 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup soya milk or 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 egg whites, beaten till stiff
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 C/375 F/gas mark 5. Combine the flours and baking powder together making sure to mix well.
- In another bowl mix the egg yolks, milk and oil together. Slowly add to the flour mixture, being careful to remove lumps. Then fold in the egg whites. The consistancy should be a bit thicker than single cream.
- Oil a tin and line with greaseproof paper. Pour in the batter and bake for 1 hour till golden brown.