Recipe by jackandfiona
This recipe is from Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Allergy Unit "Friendly Food for Life'. These are crisp lacy biscuits. Allow two biscuits only per tray as they set very quickly. They are best eaten the day they are baked.
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornflour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 ml cream, suitable for whipping for filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan.
- Heat until butter has melted.
- Sift flours and baking powder. Stir into butter mixture and mix well.
- Place teaspoons of mixture onto baking tray coverd with baking paper or greased greaseproof paper.
- Bake at 190 deg C for about 8 minutes until firm around the edges.
- Cool for 2 minutes then roll around handle of wooden spoon or other round handle.
- Place on wire rack to cool completely before filling with cream.