Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is modified from a standard scone recipe that I found on about.com.
Make and share this Gluten Free Blueberry Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter using a pastry blender until mixture forms a fine meal.
- Whisk eggs with heavy cream. Drain blueberries (I used Wyman's wild blueberries in a can) and add to wet ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients carefully into dry ingredients. Try not to squish the blueberries too much.
- Pat dough out on a flat surface until about 3/4 inch thick. Cut 2-inch circles. Bake at 425 until tops are slightly browned.
I'm sorry to say that I found this recipe a waste of chestnut flour. I followed the recipe closely, except adding 1/4 c extra berries because I had 1 full cup at hand, and even so the scones were very dry. The taste of the chestnut flour came through very strong, but was not complimented by the other ingredients.