Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a truly delicious dessert - especially for those of us celiac's watching everyone else eat their blueberry pie. :) This recipe is the same as Angela TN's "Blueberry Pudding", but a GF version. Not too hard to change, but I thought I would post it anyways. I used Schar gluten-free flour. Your average GF flour mix should work well - it doesn't require any rising agents. Also can be made lactose-free if you use vegan margarine and soy milk - which do work well (what I used). I did not have lemon rind on hand, so I used a bit of the juice and it was great! I also used white sugar in place of brown. Not a "too sweet" dessert either, which is good!
- 4 cups fresh blueberries or 1 (16 ounce) package frozen blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free flour, blend
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour, blend
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- whipping cream or vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Place blueberries in a medium bowl.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and 1 Tbsp of the gluten-free flour blend.
- Toss with blueberries to coat.
- Spoon mixture into pie plate.
- In separate bowl, stir together remaining flour and margarine.
- Mix in remaining 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Add soy milk, egg, vanilla, and lemon peel; blend well.
- Pour batter over blueberry mixture.
- Bake until firm, and juices are bubbling well. About 55 minutes.
- Cool ten minutes.
- Top with whipping cream or ice cream just before serving.
Yeah, I know ~ I made two blueberry desserts on the same day, but needed to keep my cooking/baking on schedule, & besides that, I gifted half of each dessert to a neighbor couple & we all enjoyed 'em, this one especially! I don't need to do gluten-free baking, but it's nice to know that I can & that the results can be as wonderful as this fruit pudding! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]