1 hr 10 mins
This is a truly delicious dessert - especially for those of us celiac's watching everyone else eat their blueberry pie. :) This recipe is the same as Angela TN's "Blueberry Pudding", but a GF version. Not too hard to change, but I thought I would post it anyways. I used Schar gluten-free flour. Your average GF flour mix should work well - it doesn't require any rising agents. Also can be made lactose-free if you use vegan margarine and soy milk - which do work well (what I used). I did not have lemon rind on hand, so I used a bit of the juice and it was great! I also used white sugar in place of brown. Not a "too sweet" dessert either, which is good!
My Private Note
1 pie p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups fresh blueberries or 1 (16 ounce) package frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free flour, blend
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour, blend
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- whipping cream or vanilla ice cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- 2Place blueberries in a medium bowl.
- 3Combine 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and 1 Tbsp of the gluten-free flour blend.
- 4Toss with blueberries to coat.
- 5Spoon mixture into pie plate.
- 6In separate bowl, stir together remaining flour and margarine.
- 7Mix in remaining 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- 8Add soy milk, egg, vanilla, and lemon peel; blend well.
- 9Pour batter over blueberry mixture.
- 10Bake until firm, and juices are bubbling well. About 55 minutes.
- 11Cool ten minutes.
- 12Top with whipping cream or ice cream just before serving.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Blueberry Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.5
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 130.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: