Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great muffin, free of gluten for whatever reason.
Make and share this Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, at room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1 1⁄3 cups rice flour
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Butter 18 muffin cups (or 12 for large muffins).
- Sift together tapioca flour, potato starch, rice flour, and xanthan gum. This will be your replacement flour mixture.
- In a bowl, mix the butter until creamy.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating throughout.
- Beat in salt, baking powder, and vanilla.
- Fold half of flour mixture then half of milk into batter.
- Fold in remaining flour mixture and milk.
- Mix blueberries into batter.
- Pour into muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until ready.
The first attempt to make these muffins took a lot of trial and error, and the end result was rather acceptable. The second attempt was superb, but some modifications had to be made in order to have this recipe work properly:<br/><br/>? The total amount of milk to add is 1 ½ cup. Adding only ½ cup makes the mixture extremely thick and unmanageable.<br/>? Make sure to include the baking powder in the flour mixture (all dry ingredients together).<br/>? At 375°F, it takes 35 minutes to fully cook.<br/><br/>The muffins will feel very soft and undercooked after you take the tray off the oven. Do not despair, they will shape up and amalgamate after 10 minutes. They are well worth the work and effort put into them.