Recipe by Az B
There are tasty little treats, good for breakfast or a snack. Beware though, they don't look like your average blueberry muffin....they are fully blue :) From Grain-Free Gourmet cookbook by Jodi Bager and Jenny Lass. Suitable for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. www.grainfreegourmet.com For a good source of super fine almond flour, check out www.buyalmondflour.com
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small saucepan, simmer the blueberries with the water until they release their juices and the mixture tickens slightly. Let cool.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In another bowl combine the blueberries, vanilla, honey, and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Evenly divide the batter among 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- VARIATION - MIDNIGHT ROSE MUFFINS:.
- Replace 1 cup of blueberries with cranberries. The dough turns blue but the cranberries provide a burst of red.