1/1 Photo of Gluten Free Blueberry Cherry Crumble
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Elana's Pantry's Note:
I chose to go with a messy "action" photo of this crumble to demonstrate just how much my husband liked it! He came home from work and devoured the section you see missing above. I was somewhat surprised since it was another one of my experiments making a purely fruit sweetened dessert. While this crumble is not as easy to make as my usual desserts, it's super healthy and also deliciously satisfying. http://www.elanaspantry.com/blueberry-cherry-crumble/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 11. For filling, place cherries and blueberries in a 3 quart baking dish.
- 22. Sprinkle fruit with lemon juice and vanilla, then toss in arrowroot.
- 33. To make the crumble, place 8 dates, ½ cup water and 1 tablespoon oil in a vita mix and puree on high until smooth.
- 44. Pour date mixture into a medium mixing bowl.
- 55. Add almond flour, salt and baking soda and mix well to combine.
- 66. Crumble the topping over fruit mixture.
- 77. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until bubbling.
- 88. Uncover and bake a few more minutes until topping is golden brown.
- 99. Remove from oven and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Blueberry Cherry Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.8
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 595.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 36.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: