Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
We often think of using margarine instead of butter for spreading, but it's important to remember that margarine can replace butter 1:1 in any recipe, providing irresistible flavour, with 80 per cent less saturated fat than butter. Try this gluten-free recipe idea
- 2 1⁄2 cups gluten-free pancake and baking mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup becel buttery taste margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- Combine gluten free pancake and baking mix with salt in medium bowl; gently toss in blueberries.
- Beat Becel Buttery Taste margarine with brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and lemon peel. Gently stir in pancake and baking mixture with wooden spoon. Evenly spoon into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely.
- Recipe Tip: If using a pancake and baking mix or a flour blend without baking powder and baking soda, add 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) baking powder and 1/4 teaspoons (1 mL) baking soda to pancake and baking mixture.
- Nutrition information and more recipe ideas can be found at becel.ca.