Recipe by gluten-free_chef
This is from enabling.org. I have not personally tried this recipe yet.
Top Review by jcrozier
Had to make substitutions due to food intolerances; used sorghum, tapioca and Red Mill All Purpose GF. Soy Milk, coconut oil and ghee. And just because we had them, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. My non-GF family loved it!
Made it again with sorghum, millett, garbanzo/fava flours. And Blackberries. Yum again!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soft shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries or 12 ounces frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sifted rice flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Blueberry mixture:.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the sugar, shortening, and egg.
- Stir in the milk.
- Mix the cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into a 9-by-9 inch pan.
- Crumb Mixture:.
- Combine all of the crumb ingredients.
- Spread on top of the blueberry mixture.
- Bake the whole thing for 45-50 minutes.