This is from enabling.org. I have not personally tried this recipe yet.
Make and share this Gluten-Free Blueberry Buckle recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soft shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries or 12 ounces frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sifted rice flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Blueberry mixture:.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the sugar, shortening, and egg.
- Stir in the milk.
- Mix the cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into a 9-by-9 inch pan.
- Crumb Mixture:.
- Combine all of the crumb ingredients.
- Spread on top of the blueberry mixture.
- Bake the whole thing for 45-50 minutes.
Had to make substitutions due to food intolerances; used sorghum, tapioca and Red Mill All Purpose GF. Soy Milk, coconut oil and ghee. And just because we had them, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries. My non-GF family loved it!
Made it again with sorghum, millett, garbanzo/fava flours. And Blackberries. Yum again!
For gluten free this was fabulous! Because of the rice flour it is a little grainy. But all my non GF friends liked it a lot! Thanks!
This is great!! I did make a few changes. I used butter instead of shortening and brown rice flour mix instead of plain rice flour (usually a mix of gluten-free flours does better than just one). I used frozen blueberries, but forgot to thaw them, however that didn't seem to matter. It's very sweet and delicious. A non-gf friend and her kids were over and they all loved it as well. It tastes just like a really yummy blueberry muffin.